Hello bookish darlings and welcome! This week’s post is a bit special in celebration of the New Year! This is part one of two posts, highlighting some of my most anticipated book releases of the new year! Stay tuned tomorrow for the second half of this mini countdown of sorts for 2019!
- My most anticipated read for 2019, one that stands above all the rest, is a book currently being written by my all-time favorite author: Sarah J Maas. I’ve simply adored every other book she’s had published, so I’m very excited to get my hands on anything she writes. Including her newest work in progress, Crescent City. Its set to be released in 2019.
- This year I bowed to the whims of my heart and opened the book Cruel Prince by Holly Black. It was positively amazing, but I should’ve listened to my brain, who had warned me not to start it until the rest of the series was published. Predictably, its ending left me needing the next book, The Wicked King. It’s set to be released by January 8th, 2019.
- My love for the Witchlands series stemmed from chance. I had originally traveled to a book signing to meet Alexandra Bracken, I didn’t know there were to be other authors there. But boy
amI glad there was. Susan Dennard, one of the coolest chicks I’ve ever met, was also at this signing. Her charm convinced me to give her first two books a try and, well, I’ve been not-so-patiently waiting ever since for Bloodwitch, set to come out on February 12th, 2019.
- Years ago, the voice behind the Unwind series captured my curiosity and my heart. I eased through the entire series and a few months ago I found Scythe on my local bookstore’s selves. Upon seeing the author, Neal Shusterman, I knew I had to read it. As soon as I was done with Scythe, I moved on to Thunderhead, and the ending nearly killed me. Ever since I have been eagerly awaiting The Toll, the third and final installment in the series. It’s being released sometime in 2019.
- For me, this series is like wine. It gets better with time. The first time I read the Shatter Me series, it was somewhat slow going, and just a semi-okay read. Maybe a year down the line, something prompted me to re-read the whole series and… WOW. It was significantly better for me the second time around, and I’m not sure why. It may just have had something to do with the genres I was into at both points into time, or maybe not. I guess we’ll never know. Anywho, after finishing Ignite Me, I was disappointed to hear that Tahereh Mafi was going to end the series like that. So when I found out she actually had plans to continue the series, I was pleasantly surprised and infinitely excited. All within good reason, because Restore Me shattered me (hehe). Since then, I’ve been awaiting Defy Me, in hopes it will bring my frenzied emotions to rest. I’m afraid that quite the opposite will end up happening though. The next installment, Restore Me, is set to release in April of 2019.